Cosmetic Dentistry Fairfax VA
A smile is a person’s first impression. But, some people may feel self-conscious about their smile for various reasons. For example, misaligned, misshapen, discolored, and missing teeth are common reasons why some patients prefer to hide their smile. In other words, these issues impact a person’s self-confidence. Did you know that perfecting your smile is possible with cosmetic dentistry? Learn more below and contact us for a consultation.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry enhances a patient’s smile by improving the size, shape, alignment, and color of their teeth. Although cosmetic dental procedures mainly focus on aesthetics, they also improve oral health. For example, misaligned teeth are difficult to thoroughly brush and floss as some areas are hard to reach. Straightening teeth allows a patient to brush and floss effectively which prevents plaque and tartar buildup.
What are the Types of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dental procedures vary. Therefore, each patient will be recommended a unique plan to achieve his or her dental goals. Common cosmetic dental procedures include:
- Teeth whitening– Teeth whitening is one of the most affordable and simple procedures. Essentially, teeth whiten up to 8 shades. Results can last up to 3 years.
- Dental veneers– veneers are thin laminates that are custom-made to improve the appearance of teeth. Dental veneers are bonded onto the surface of the tooth, restoring and improving the shape, size, and color.
- Dental bonding– this procedure uses tooth-colored composite resin to improve a tooth’s aesthetic look.
- Inlays and Onlays– the two involve indirect restorative procedures in cosmetic dentistry. The dental material is constructed outside the mouth as a whole-single, solid piece, fitted in the mouth at a specified cavity. They are usually used in mild to moderate damaged, decayed or discolored teeth to restore the normal function and appearance of the teeth.
- Dental crowns– dental crowns are among the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures. Crowns are tooth-like caps that restore the function and appearance of teeth. They are also used to cover dental implants and are used in conjunction with dental bridges.
- Dental implants– are artificial tooth roots that are inserted into the jawbone to replace missing teeth. Implants are preferred as they offer simple maintenance and can last a very long time.
- Dental bridges – replace one or more adjacent missing teeth.
- Dentures- are ideal for patients who are missing some or all teeth. These removable mouth appliances are very comfortable and natural-looking thanks to modern technology.
Contact Breeze Dental Clinic to learn more about cosmetic dentistry. We offer an array of dental solutions to assist everyone. New patients are welcome. Call (703) 273-5545 or book an appointment online. We look forward to meeting you.